It’s been some time since we released a new version of Inca Clinic and not because we’ve run out of things to do, far from it. In fact, the development team has had its sleeves rolled up high working on some exciting new improvements. Many customers have been asking what’s coming, and if the next release will have the feature they most desire. Well, we thought we would give you a heads-up.
New! Travel Itinerary
The Travel Itinerary page has been simplified and made more intuitive to the Country and Duration, each travel period now appearing in separate boxes.
You can now load Trip Templates while in the Consultation with a simple lookup and preview of the templates’ details.
New! Health Assessment and Medical History
The Medical History step has been improved. First up, the Health Assessment is now the default view when you open the Medical History step (Don’t worry, the Medical Conditions list is still there). Key improvements:
- For female patients, the pregnancy check has been completely redesigned. You can now use the preset buttons or use the Medical Condition look-up. It also displays the last check date and, optionally, the patients LMP. This information is also now noted on the patient’s main record. Finally you can set an upper and lower age so that the pregnancy status questions can be skipped.
- When the answer to a question triggers a request for more information, you can now enter a Medical Condition directly. See the “Are you on any medication?” in the image above.
- Current and Active Medical Conditions are more clearly displayed.
New! Vaccine History Grid
The Vaccine History Grid has been completely redesigned. You can view a patient’s vaccine history by vaccine or by disease cover. The grid can be sorted accordingly and includes a search facility. Other key improvements:
- You can expand a vaccine row and clearly see the details of each vaccine administered or scheduled.
- You can now more easily mark historical vaccines as Deleted.
- The new spanner icon means that Users can access the underlying vaccine record to allow for corrections.
- Access to the Delete and Edit features is based on the User’s Profile and is controlled by the Systems Administrator.
New! Interdeterminate vaccine cover graphic
There are times when the exact length of cover or booster requirements for a vaccine can not be determined. To help visualise these types of vaccine we’ve created a new white bar graph which is open ended.
New! Vaccine Scheduler
The interface has been upgraded to better support different screen sizes (not iPad ready just yet 😉 ) and we’ve improved how vaccine information is displayed. For example, tooltips on the vaccine panel now include Route and Dose information.
- New ‘Commonly Used Vaccines’ panel. Simply tick the ‘Favourite’ checkbox on a Vaccine Product record and the Vaccine will be listed on the ‘Commonly Used Vaccines’ panel. This allows you to place the vaccines you always use at the top of the list. If it’s flu season, add the flu vaccines to the panel and remove them once flu season ends.
- The Medical Director can now configure the Vaccine Scheduler to use Itinerary-based recommendations or not. This means that, even if a travel itinerary has been entered, you will have the choice whether or not to display the ‘Vaccine to be Considered’ panel.
- Likewise, the Medical Director can now configure Inca Clinic not to cross-reference vaccines with contraindications.
Allowing the Medical Director to decide how Inca Clinic manages vaccine recommendations and contraindications ensures that you, the customer, stays in control and is allowed to set your own clinical protocols.
Clearer Contraindication information:
The wording on contraindications and other restrictions has been revised to more neutral terms.
If Vaccine Contraindication cross-referencing is enabled, a new panel is displayed which lists all contraindications and restrictions configured for the vaccine, regardless of whether they apply to the patient. This allows clinicians to easily review any potential issues.
New! SMS Messaging
The next release will see the addition of SMS Messaging, giving you the option to email and/or SMS information to your patients. This includes the ability to send appointment confirmations and vaccine schedule reminders, along with ad hoc messages.
What else is baking in the oven?
Didn’t see your item listed? Here’s a small sample of the other features we’re working on at present; we just didn’t have any screen shots to show you:
- Recording medication batch numbers.
- Noting Patient alerts – This feature will allow you to flag a medical and/or administrative alert against a patient.
- Adding Chatter to Appointments to allow Users collaborate more easily.
We hope you’re looking forward to getting your hands on the next release. We’ll keep you posted and launch some videos soon.