Inca Clinic for Pharmacies
Pharmacies are an important provider of vaccination services, including flu and travel vaccinations. Whether your pharmacy offers just a few vaccines or the full range, Inca Clinic can help you to provide a great service to your customers and to keep all of the records that you need for best practice.
If your country’s health regulations restrict the vaccines that you can administer (for example, in the UK you require a licence to administer each one), then you can configure Inca Clinic with details for just those vaccines.
With Inca Clinic, a consultation for a flu vaccine will use only those parts of the system that are needed for that straightforward procedure.
A travel vaccination will have further steps, allowing you to quickly record travel-related medical conditions and then the patient’s travel itinerary.
In addition, you can add the products that you can sell towards the end of the consultation. For example, travellers can be offered products such as mosquito nets and malaria tablets. The price of your consultation fee, all vaccinations and products appear on the invoice for your patient at the end of the visit.
In large pharmacies, Inca Clinic also allows you to roster medics to clinics and to make appointments for patients. If you wish, some or all of the rosters can be made available on your web site, allowing patients to book appointments themselves.
You can also allow patients to enter their core data (name, address, DoB, etc.) and even their travel plans, before they visit you. They can also be sent health assessments that they can complete before their visit.
Inca Clinic is suitable – and proven – in pharmacies of all sizes. Our customers require only a laptop or desktop, with a modern browser; Inca Clinic runs “in the cloud”, in world-class data centres.
Inca Clinic saves you considerable time. For example:
- Patients can enter their own information into the system, and complete medical questionnaires.
- It automatically adds the consultation fee and the vaccines administered to the patient’s invoice.
- It can produce reports that otherwise would be very tedious and time-consuming, such as end-of-year Yellow Fever reports, and listing those patients travelling to certain countries.
- It can send reminders to patients for their appointments, automatically doing a very time consuming task, and helping to keep your appointment book full.
- You can easily monitor the performance of your vaccination service.
Inca Clinic is an extremely useful system to help you to train your staff. They can be trained on what information to capture from each patient, the set of steps that are important for each type of consultation, how to record the chosen vaccine schedule, how to record batch numbers and sites of administration, and so on.
Size Matters: Small, Large, Very Large & Pharmacy Organisations
Just use the parts of Inca Clinic that make your job easier, and ignore the parts that are more suitable to large clinics.
You can “pay as you go”, with a small yearly fee and a fee for each time you use it.
You can use Inca Clinic to monitor your clinic. A standard set of reports is provided, and you add new ones, or get us to do this for you.
Larger Pharmacies and Pharmacy Chains
You can add multiple pharmacies, manage stock in each of these, and so on. Patients and staff can move freely between these. You can also set up corporate accounts, helping you to address this important market.
Your senior medic can impose some standards, for example:
Decide on the Care Pathway (the set of steps) that each type of consultation should use.
Mark certain vaccines as the preferred ones. The senior medic can even input a set of rules that allows Inca Clinic to list certain vaccines for consideration when a patient is planning certain activities (such as trekking).
The senior medic can review the consultations of other staff.
Inca Clinic comes with a standard set of reports that help you to monitor the individual clinics that you run. You, or we, can add the reports that you need to help grow your vaccination service and adopt best practice throughout.
Very Large Pharmacy Chains
Inca Clinic runs in some of the world’s largest data centres, on top of the HIPAA and NHS IG compliant platform Salesforce.com. That platform supports some customers with 100,000 users.
Because it is a “cloud” system, you can move staff between sites. Each user has the same access no matter where they are (but, for security reasons, you can restrict the IP addresses and times that can be used).
Some large pharmacy chains find it useful to provide central facilities, such as:
- Appointment booking.
- A small team of medics who are available to answer questions for medics throughout the pharmacy chain. This team can see what has been already entered into Inca Clinic (the patient’s gender, age, travel plans, medical history, …), and give advice. Importantly, this advice is recorded within the system.
Because Inca Clinic runs “in the cloud” it can provide these services without you having to put in place, staff and maintain the machines, data centres and networks required.
Inca Clinic is a great product to bring to the members of a pharmacy organisation. Vaccination services are becoming a more important offering for pharmacies, and it is important to use a software system that is dedicated to supporting this service.
A software system helps to make a vaccination service more concrete, thus helping to increase the number of member-pharmacies that offer that service. Inca Clinic is an extremely good way to provide training on vaccine services: what information to capture from each patient; the set of steps that are important for each type of consultation; how to record the chosen vaccine schedule; how to record batch numbers and sites of administration, and so on.
Inca Clinic can be configured so that each pharmacy (individual pharmacies, or pharmacy chains owned by members) has its own instance of the system. Each will have its own database, accessible to only its staff.
The pharmacy organisation may wish to provide some central services, such as:
- A central appointment system, with a well-known web address (one found easily via a web search). This can be augmented with a phone booking system.
- Branding of the system, so that the name of your national vaccination service gets better known.
- A support system for the medics in the pharmacies, allowing them to chat to a senior medic when dealing with any uncertainty. These chats can take place within Inca Clinic, allowing the senior medic to see what the pharmacist has recorded about the patient and the decisions made. The questions and answers are then recorded within the patient’s record.