Inca Clinic for Travel
Inca Clinic is easy to configure with the details of Rabies, Yellow Fever, Hepatitis B and all of the other vaccines and medical conditions that are important for travel medicine.
You can also record each patient’s travel itinerary, which has many advantages, including making it easy for you to send travel advisories only to those patients concerned. This takes only seconds; it can be done to whatever level of detail you wish.
The price of your consultation fee, all vaccinations, products (such as mosquito nets) and lab orders appear on the invoice for your patient at the end of the visit.
Inca Clinic also allows you to roster medics to clinics and to make appointments for patients. If you wish, some or all of the rosters can be made available on your web site, allowing patients to book appointments themselves.
You can also allow patients to enter their core data (name, address, DoB, etc.) and even their travel plans, before they visit you. They can also be sent health assessments that they can complete before their visit.
Inca Clinic is suitable – and proven – in clinics of all sizes. Our customers require only a laptop or desktop, with a modern browser; Inca Clinic runs “in the cloud”, in world-class data centres.
Inca Clinic saves you considerable time. For example:
- Patients can enter their own information into the system, and complete medical questionnaires.
- It automatically adds the consultation fee and the vaccines administered to the patient’s invoice.
- It can produce reports that otherwise would be very tedious and time-consuming, such as end-of-year Yellow Fever reports, and listing those patients travelling to certain countries.
- It can send reminders to patients for their appointments, automatically doing a very time-consuming task, and helping to keep your appointment book full.
- You can easily monitor the performance of your vaccination service.
Inca Clinic is an extremely useful system to help you to train your staff. They can be trained on what information to capture from each patient, the set of steps that are important for each type of consultation, how to record the chosen vaccine schedule, how to record batch numbers and sites of administration, and so on.
Size Matters: Small, Large, Very Large & Franchises
Just use the parts of Inca Clinic that make your job easier, and ignore the parts that are more suitable to large clinics.
You can “pay as you go”, with a small yearly fee and a fee for each time you use it.
You can use Inca Clinic to monitor your clinic. A standard set of reports is provided, and you add new ones, or get us to do this for you.
You can add multiple clinics, manage stock in each of these, and so on. Patients and staff can move freely between these. You can also set up corporate accounts, helping you to address this important market.
Your senior medic can impose some standards, for example:
Decide on the Care Pathway (the set of steps) that each type of consultation should use.
Mark certain vaccines as the preferred ones. The senior medic can even input a set of rules that allows Inca Clinic to list certain vaccines for consideration when a patient is planning certain activities (such as trekking).
The senior medic can review the consultations of other staff. This is another good reason to record the itinerary of each patient.
Inca Clinic comes with a standard set of reports that help you to monitor the individual clinics that you run. You, or we, can add the reports that you need to help grow your clinics and adopt best practice throughout.
Very Large Clinics
Inca Clinic runs in some of the world’s largest data centres, on top of the HIPAA and NHS IG compliant platform Salesforce.com. That platform supports some customers with 100,000 users.
Because it is a “cloud” system, you can move staff between sites. Each user has the same access no matter where they are (but, for security reasons, you can restrict the IP addresses and times that can be used).
Some large clinics find it useful to provide central facilities, such as:
- Appointment booking.
- A small team of medics who are available to answer questions for medics throughout their clinics. This team can see what has been already entered into Inca Clinic (the patient’s gender, age, travel plans, medical history, …), and give advice. Importantly, this advice is recorded within the system.
Because Inca Clinic runs “in the cloud” it can provide these services without you having to put in place, staff and maintain the machines, data centres and networks required.
If you run a travel medicine franchise, Inca Clinic can help you to manage that service and help you to grow. Such franchises have many advantages, including increased purchasing power, and allow a senior medic to share his or her specialist travel medicine knowledge with a wide group of medics.
A software system helps to unite a franchise and helps to increase the number of members. Inca Clinic is an extremely good way to provide training on vaccine services: what information to capture from each patient; the set of steps that are important for each type of consultation; how to record the chosen vaccine schedule; how to record batch numbers and sites of administration, and so on.
There are two ways to configure Inca Clinic:
- Inca Clinic can be configured so that each member (individual travel clinics, or chains owned by members) has its own instance of the system. Each will have its own database, accessible to only its staff.
- A single instance of Inca Clinic can be shared by all of the members, and security rules can be used so that each member can access only its patients. This choice has the advantage that you are dealing with just one instance of the system, which can be configured and monitored centrally.
You may wish to provide some central services, such as:
- You can provide a central appointment system, with a well-known web address (one found easily via a web search). This can be augmented with a phone booking service.
- You can brand the system, so that the name of your franchise gets better known.
- You can set up a support system for the medics in the clinics, allowing them to chat to a senior medic when dealing with any uncertainty. These chats can take place within Inca Clinic, allowing the senior medic to see what has been recorded about the patient (the patient’s gender, age, travel plans, medical history, …) and the decisions made. Importantly, the questions and answers are then recorded within the patient’s record.